“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.”-Jim Bishop
Fall is a special time of the year. Not only do we feel change due to the cool, crisp air blowing against our skin, but we also see change from the leaves of the trees and everything around us. Fall is the time that we slow down in order to reflect on all we have done through the year, then give thanks for how far we have come. We stuff our hair in hats, we wrap our necks with scarfs, we wear our finest of jackets, we make our boldest statements in jeans, and we tuck away our flip flops for boots. Yes, what a special time of the year.
Fall lovers, like me, are all things Fall as we scream to the rooftops about our love for the season. We dance as we decorate our porches and homes with with all things that signify it’s presence.
For those of you who want to embrace the vibe of Fall, but are not sure how to ring in the season let me help you.
10 things you need for your home to usher in the Fall season:
- A Fall porch sign to spread the message of Thanksgiving.
- A Fall wreath to add a grand presence to your front door.
- A Fall welcome mat to welcome all those who enter.
- Fall wall décor to set the presence of the new season.
- Fall Flowers: Succulents, orange gerbera, dahlia, camellia and chrysanthemum to set a statement of change.
“Autumn is a second Spring when every leaf is a flower.”-Albert Camus
- Pumpkin decorations to show your regard for the fruit that so many love.
- Fall smelling candles: apple cinnamon, pumpkin spice and autumn harvest to spread a sweet and spicy aroma.
- A Fall Throw Blanket to add a dash of fashion to your furniture.
- Fall couch pillows to amplify the presence of comfort.
- Sheer, Fall color curtains to soften the incoming of natural sunlight.
Each Fall décor item can be found at the links below:
Writer Jacqueline Stewart is a military spouse and mother of two children. She is an author, writer and graduate of Northwestern State University, where she received her B.S. in Liberal Arts. Jacqueline is also a mental health advocate, encouraging women who may be suffering from mental health issues. She brings her southern kindness, creativity, authenticity and honesty to everyone she meets. Jacqueline is a lover of the Fall season, and all things Fall. She is excited to share “According to Jackie, the Home Décor Fall Edition” where she can share with other Fall lovers.
Learn more about Jacqueline at: https://linktr.ee/WriterJNStewart
Follow Jacqueline on IG/Twitter/LinkedIn @writerjnstewart